Thursday, May 27, 2010
Tre...
I woke up at 1150 again with one of those "oh shit where am I" kind of feelings. Mike had left already to run his own errands so I decided to find that internet cafe in order to write to everyone. For the life of me I could not find it. The streets here remind me of the book "House of Leaves" about a house where the rooms inside change size constantly. Also one of the nicknames for our apartment in Pittsburgh because none of the walls lined up correctly. What I mean about the Roman streets is that I can walk down one, turn around and walk back up it and seems like a totally different street. It is very very easy to get lost, but very very easy to get found again. No fortuna (no luck) with the internet caffe. I decided to just pop in a bar and get a cup of coffee and un panino (a sandwich) It cost me 4 euros ($5) By then it was about 3pm and I know I had to be on campus at 5:30 so i decided to try my hand at finding campus again. It is supposed to be right along the Tiber River on a street called Lungotevere di Arnaldo De Brescia. Like macarthur road back home, it has a bunch of names, that is just one of them. Turns out Mike and I had admired the building yesterday thinking it was a nice apartment complex, there was only a little sign that indicated what it was. It is only a 25 minute walk from our place and the walk is quite pleasant along the Tiber under shade. On the map it looks extremely far away but the "blocks" are decieving because they are so tiny. I came in, got my computer password and have been typing ever since. Everyone else should be here within the hour and so I wait. I'll update soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
any chance of making it to budepest or berlin during the week of july 9-15? we will probably be in one of those two cities.
ReplyDelete