So I had my first day of classes yesterday, they really put a damper on this whole Rome thing. I'm already about 40 pages behind in International Business Law (IBL) but I'll be able to hold my own after having taken international law this past spring. I took that class because its taught by my former contracts professor who i enjoyed. I also hoped it would be easy. I think it will, there are about 6 kids who barely english and a whole heck of alot of temple japan kids. Due to the need for the professor to speak slower the class is moving at an incredibly slow pace. International Environmental (IE) is the exact opposite. That will be hardcore i think. That professor comes highly reccomended though so i'll just have to hold on. I got hella lost yesterday coming from school, it took me an extra 2 hours but i found the spanish steps and the anglo american book store.
My roomate bought a little wireless card which only gets about 1 bar of service in our brick bunker apartment. I'm gonig to see if i can get oen today. I thought I could do without the internet but the lack of communication with people here and at home is rough. We'll see how it goes, things dont always work well here. Theoretically, i'll have some access at home by about 6pm tomorrow. I'm finding that my computer is too new for alot of the italian systems.
Walking around here and seeing ancient monuments on every corner is begining to jade me. I love it but just being surrounded by such splendor constantly diminishes it as it is no longer a unique but rather an expected experience.
I haven't been sleeping to well either as altough our apartment is a great location it is very noisy. Last night i had to listen to "Here we go Steelers" chants by some douchebag americans at 4am. The steelers bar is right around the corner. I think i'll get used to the noise more though as I did in Pittsburgh and i'll eventually long for the sounds much like having a fan next to the bed. Well i must go study, arrevederci!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment