Monday, June 28, 2010

Rome is alot less fun when your studying for 15 hours...

This weekend I only did 2 things: Study and watch the USA match. As for studying i am now all things environmental law. Even though i personally think alot of environmental legislation is useless, i am now the master of it. I feel that statement must be explined however, i think environmental laws should exisit, but i feel the ones that do are useless, as they have no teeth or substance. Either way the test is supposed to be alot like my international law exam, which i got an A on so i'm expecting good things. As for business, not so much. I have till wednesday for that one so i'm going to study thatfor the next few days. The downside to it is that for alot of the issues I am faced with a Catch 22 dilemma. I could put what the book says or what the teacher says. From past experience and outside sources and such, we are confident the teacher is wrong in alot of ways, but he is the one grading it. He was a terrible teacher, no planning, and no pedgoglogical skill. I could see that his lesson plan was a few scribbles on a piece of paper, hes not experienced enough to do that. I'm going to go with the book and hope he re-reads the material himself before he sits down to grading. If not i'll have a fight on m hands when i get back state side.
As for the USA game, what a dissappointment. Watching Ghana and the US play soccer was like watching the high school team play the middle school team, it wasn't even close, Ghana dominated the whole time, which took some wind out of our sales. What further sucked about it was the company we were keeping. We like to go to the bar called the abby, an irish/american bar. Well the secrets out and seemingly our entire school came for the game, what a bunch of wet blankets. They didn't sing the national anthem, or even stand, they didn't boo or cheer. At one point when mike yelled "fuck you" after a ghana player fouled an american they told him to "shh" and that he was being too loud. So.... we spent most of the time booing them. Why come to an american bar, to watch an american sport, if your gonig to root for a country that no one can find on a map. Fuck them, they suck. We're american; rowdy, stubborn, loud and arrogant, and we're from philadelphia....we cheer. But with the USA out, soccer is officially lame again, although i would like to go see the new philly team when i get back. I was going to root for england afterwords, but they're out too so Deutschland it is! The final is like july 11, i think i'll be in the czech republic then, not sure, but it should still be fun to be in europe during the finals. Its way crazyer than any superbowl celebration (sans the riot, but in the country that wins i'm sure there will be one)
Last night i had another small victory, i got a pizza "to go". This is not a concept with which itlaians are familiar, and it was a hassel, but i convinced the guy in the end to let it happen. I wanted a pizza, and i didnt want to have sit for 45 minutes to eat there at the restaurant, i didnt think i was being unreasonable. Of course i didn't have exact change though so the matter was further complicated. I miss having an abundance of currency, its so ridiculous how this country is with making change. The guy at the grocery store LITERALLY growls at me when i approach because he knows i'm gonig to pay with a 50 just to break it into smaller bills. He takes it persoanlly, but its the only place i can get change for a large bill. Why make them if you cant break them?
My roomate's little finnish girlfriend came all the way BACK from norway to spend a few more days with him and is now talking about coming back to the states with him. I dont know how cool he is with bringing her to america, but i think somebody is looking for a greencard! The other norwegians have sent me a message to look after her and they said she is very "brave" but i know they mean crazy.
I walk by the Aream Pacem everyday on my way to school, always saying i'll stop in, but never do. Its now my last week and i still have not gone so i decided today is the day and on my way home i'm going to check it out. I've no pictures to post, as i havent taken any in a while. Alas, i must go read for business. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. we will be in germany for the final, i hope they get past argentina. probably wont, though.

    ReplyDelete