Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tag Zwei....
So today our professor invited a guest speaker, which as a result caused us to have 5 straight hours of class, the normal 3 and then 2 more. Our prof did tell us today that there is a positive correlation to being a cynic, a doubter and negitive to being a good lawyer, i have the perfect personality! The speaker threw our plans to go to the zoo into shambles, but a few of us went anyway. The Berlin zoo is supposed to be one of the top 10 in the world and it was pretty sweet. The attraction is a polar bear named Knut, who lived with humans and now is there. We could see him but couldn’t figure out how to get to his cage for a close up. It was a good day so far but I need a nap. We are allowed one absence so I am thinking I’m going to skip class tomorrow and go to museums all day, there are rumors of a guided tour of the Reichstag, but everyone seems to have heard it from someone else and doesn’t know where or when or any of the details. Berlin is sweet, definitely my favorite city so far. Berlin and Vienna are both in the top 10 best cities in the world to live in. Everything works pretty well, a lot of people speak English of close to it, tons of options for food and shopping, its very western or Americanized if you will. Lots of public transit and sites and no more expensive than American cities. Culturally an American would want for nothing, and another huge plus is that they can make change AND it is not only perfectly acceptable to pay individually at a restaurant, it is the norm! I love germany way more than anywhere else I visited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Knut!!!!
ReplyDelete